Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hello, Again

Goodness,
it's been a while since I posted to this CenterDoug Blog; I've been doing all my posting in CenterDoug's Obama Blog on www.my.barackobama.com, instead, because I've become a true Obamaniac! I've pulled myself out of retirement by declaring myself on an "Obama Vacation For the Nation" until after Vote Day 2008, and I've been hard at it for at least 8 hours a day, filled with working at Obama HQ, Glenwood Springs; Voter Registrations drives up at CMC and in a local grocery store; manning phonebanks for Obama; and spending at least 4 hours a day researching the current political news and blogging away like a campesino, making a difference. I've pretty much imagined myself a strategist and friend of the candidate, his campaign, and his character, all of which are impeccably honorable. So, the work has been, for me, anyway, and I trust that it'll empower both me and the rest of the world in the future.

I haven't been this fired up for a candidate since 1976 and Jimmy Carter. I gained an insight on my own motivations, as well: in past elections, I used my vote primarily to keep greater scoundrels from winning than the ones I voted for; this time, I'll be voting for a man I believe in, for changes that certainly need to happen. It's made all the difference in my attitude towards America, and I thank Barack Obama for his gift to me of Hope.

Gracias, CenterDoug

No comments: